Ruby Developer (f/m/d)
Phrase is a fast-growing SaaS company that believes everyone should be able to use software in their native language. We are the leading translation management system, and the most reliable way to localize a website or mobile application. Our product helps teams of all sizes to scale their translation processes through smart automation. Phrase is growing rapidly and currently partners with over a thousand businesses in over 60 countries.
If you want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier, then join our team!
What will I be doing?
- As a full-stack engineer (m/f/d) you will work on advancing our entire platform (API, Command Line Tools, IDE plugins and much more) on a strong focus on Ruby but also with other technologies such as Go, Elasticsearch etc.
- You use best practices in your code as well as mentoring others to do the same
- You think creatively and work outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- You work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- You share your knowledge in regular Brown Bag sessions
- You follow and improve our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployment
- You take part in pair programming and code-reviews to optimize our code quality
What skills do I need?
- Experienced in building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant code with unit and integration tests
- Familiar with git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functionally) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (bonus points for German)
- Motivation to help shape our team and product and take responsibility
What does Phrase offer?
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups, meetups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We prefer output over attending long meetings
- We work together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped and have ambitious goals but after a productive day we all enjoy having time for life’s other enjoyments
- We provide a budget for attending conferences and cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for team members
Our current Tech Stack
Ruby/Rails, Go, TypeScript, AWS, Circle CI, GitHub, Slack, Trello, Google Apps
We are looking forward to getting to know you!