DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Phrase is a fast-growing SaaS company that believes everyone should be able to use software in their native language. We are the leading translation management system, and the most reliable way to localize a website or mobile application. Our product helps teams of all sizes to scale their translation processes through smart automation. Phrase is growing rapidly and currently partners with over a thousand businesses in over 60 countries.
If you want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier, then join our team!
What will I be doing?
- You are in charge of keeping our platform up and running
- You provide services built on top of AWS
- You monitor performance and stability, suggest improvements and support debugging performance issues
- You contribute insights to scaling and developing the architecture and infrastructure
- You monitor and improve utilization of our infrastructure
- You increase developer productivity by keeping an eye on CI systems and tooling
- You share and document your knowledge within the team
What skills do I need?
- You are experienced in building web applications with dynamic languages (Ruby, Python)
- You have first experience with Go
- You are familiar with Terraform and Kubernetes
- You follow a practical approach and have a passion for developing secure, reliable and scalable infrastructure
- You have good, up-to-date knowledge of common technologies and tools
- You are able to work self-organized with a high degree of autonomy while being a strong collaborator to solve problems effectively
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (bonus points for German)
- You are motivated to help shape our team and product and take responsibility
What does Phrase offer?
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups, meetups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We prefer output over attending long meetings
- We work together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped and have ambitious goals but after a productive day we all value having time for life’s other enjoyments
- We provide a budget for attending conferences and cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for team members
Our current Tech Stack
Ruby/Rails, Go, TypeScript, AWS, Circle CI, GitHub, Slack, Trello, Google Apps
We are looking forward to getting to know you!