Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
We are a growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company from Hamburg. Phrase enables software creators to offer their digital products to a global audience. Our developer-friendly product helps teams to speed up their translation process through smart automation. Since our founding in 2012, we’ve already attracted many successful software companies, startups, and international brands as customers.
What will I be doing?
- As a frontend developer, you will bring predefined design concepts to life and develop high-performance user interfaces
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Create rich interactive web experiences and animations on our website
- Constantly improve the overall user experience and monitor best practices of our landing pages, product documentation, and other public resources
- Keep track of the frontend development projects and drive them proactively forward
- Come up with own ideas and work outside of the box
- Share your knowledge with other team members and work closely together
What skills do I need?
- Experienced with interactions, animations
- First experience with server-side development (ideally Ruby on Rails)
- Passionate about great user experience and an eye for good design
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (German is a big plus)
- Motivation to help shape our team and product and to take responsibility
What does Phrase offer?
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (user groups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We like working together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped, but without the hassle over arbitrary deadlines. After a productive day, we all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other enjoyments
- We provide a budget for attending conferences and cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for team members
Our current Tech Stack
Ruby/Rails, Go, TypeScript, AWS, Circle CI, GitHub, Slack, Trello, Google Apps