DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
We are a growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. Phrase automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide. We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market and are looking for a passionate team member, who is especially keen on infrastructure and finding solutions to support our technical strategies. If you want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier, then join our team!
What will I be doing?
- You are in charge of keeping our platform up and running
- You provide services built on top of AWS
- You monitor performance and stability, suggest improvements and support debugging performance issues
- You contribute insights to scaling and developing the architecture and infrastructure
- You monitor and improve utilization of our infrastructure
- You increase developer productivity by keeping an eye on CI systems and tooling
- You share and document your knowledge within the team
What skills do I need?
- You are experienced in building web applications with dynamic languages (Ruby, Python)
- You have first experience with Go
- You are familiar with Terraform and Kubernetes
- You follow a practical approach and have a passion for developing secure, reliable and scalable infrastructure
- You have good, up-to-date knowledge of common technologies and tools
- You are able to work self-organized with a high degree of autonomy while being a strong collaborator to solve problems effectively
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (bonus points for German)
- You are motivated to help shape our team and product and take responsibility
What does Phrase offer?
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups, meetups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We prefer output over attending long meetings
- We work together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped and have ambitious goals but after a productive day we all value having time for life’s other enjoyments
- We provide a budget for attending conferences and cooperate with Urban Sports Club to offer special rates for team members
Our current Tech Stack
Ruby/Rails, Go, TypeScript, AWS, Circle CI, GitHub, Slack, Trello, Google Apps
We are looking forward to getting to know you!