Software Engineer Intern (f/m/d)
We are a startup that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. Phrase automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide.
Software development is your passion and you’re interested in developing web applications? You want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier? Then join our team for a 5 - 6 months internship!
What will you be doing?
- Depending on your experience, you will support our product team developing new features for our platform while also working on your own projects
- We encourage you to think creatively and outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- You work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- You get to know and follow our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployments
What skills do you need?
- You bring a software engineering background and love for coding
- First experience in building web applications
- Enthusiasm for Ruby on Rails and ideally first experience with it
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functionally) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German big plus)
- Interest in new technologies as well as self-motivated working in a creative environment
What does Phrase offer?
- We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market to make life of other developers much easier
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each individual and high personal responsibility (no matter if you are an intern, a full-time employee or a working student)
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (user groups etc.)
- We like working together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped, but without the hassle over arbitrary deadlines. After a productive day we all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures
Please apply here via our contact form. If you have any questions, Mariana will be happy to help. We are looking forward to getting to know you!